e-Invoice is a system in which B2B invoices are authenticated electronically by GSTN for further use on the common GST portal. Under the electronic invoicing system, an identification number will be issued against every invoice by the Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) to be managed by the GST Network (GSTN). Since the standard e-Invoicing process in LN doesn’t meet some specific client requirements, we have customized the process through API integrations.
As per client requirement, e-Invoicing should be processed only for the selected invoices, in the case of Export sales invoices some specific item values should be treated as other costs in e-Invoice. As per the tax calculation, if GST excludes a certain value the supply type should be overwritten, and so on. In the standard, the e-Invoicing process doesn’t satisfy all the conditions.
- Parameter session to maintain API server details, token, and user & password.
- A new session was built & it is added to the invoicing table for API status, IRN, and QR code.
- CDF fields added to the Billable lines session to select and unselect the Invoice to process for e-Invoicing.
- In the case of the export sales invoice, there are some specific items to be shown as other costs in the e-Invoice, for that we have added one CDF field in the item general session.
- Preparation of JSON file using Postman tool in Sandbox when invoice is printed.
- In case of any error in the e-Invoicing process we have built one more session to reprocess the invoice and to send invoicing & credit note API requests to the government portal and the response will be stored in the LN table.
- Add the QR code and IRN number in one invoice layout.